Job title: Contractual Epidemiologist (PSC) 1
Company: State of Illinois
Job description: Agency: Department of Public Health
Closing Date/Time: 05/11/2021
Job Type: Hourly Part Time
Number of Vacancies: 9
- Be an active team member of the COVID-19 response.
- Conduct epidemiologic COVID-19 case and case-contact investigations.
- Monitor trends and make recommendations for decision-making.
- Compile epidemiologic data, analyze epidemiologic data and assist with updating reports.
- Coordinate with local health departments, healthcare providers and hospitals.
- Assist with public health epidemiologic and investigation guidance and procedures.
- Be a resource and share up-to-date research and guidance with the COVID-response team.
Bachelor’s degree in epidemiology, demography, bio-statistics, or related social science research field. Experience in applied epidemiology, bio-statistics, in population, or related research field strongly preferred.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Work Location: 535 W Jefferson St Springfield, IL 62702-5076
Agency Contact: Samantha.J.Helton@illinois.gov
Job Function: Health Services; Public Safety
Illinois Department of Public Health is looking for any and all Epidemiologists to help supplement its COVID-19 response team. Contractual work allows the State and epidemiologists sufficient flexibility to perform this important work.
Office of Human Resources
535 W. Jefferson St. 4th fl
Springfield, IL 62761
Where to Apply:
Include posting ID # and Applicant’s name in subject line when applying
How to Apply:
This is not a permanent position. This is a temporary contractual position.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Illinois Human Rights Act, State agencies must ensure that the employment process is accessible to persons with disabilities. Specifically, these laws require that the State provides reasonable accommodations upon request by individuals participating in all steps of the employment process. This includes the State of Illinois Interview Selection process.
All Interested Applicants:
APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE A CMS-100 EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION AND/OR RESUME AND SUBMIT IT TO THE AGENCY CONTACT LISTED ABOVE, PRIOR TO THE END OF THE POSTING PERIOD.
Expected salary: $37 – 70 per hour
Location: Springfield, IL
Job date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 05:54:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!